Law firm investigates possible iPod battery class action suit...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I just watched the movie from ipodsdirtysecret.com and well.. I hope Apple presses charges on them for vandalizing their posters. :p

sKaD

OP
T

Thommy

Although I am a fan of protesting in the media of propaganda, I was bummed it was aimed at apple.

But really...what would the difference be between spending the money on regular batteries (on another mp3 player) over a 1.5 year period, compared to a $50-$75 dollar battery replacement??

Reaction score
Thommy said:
Although I am a fan of protesting in the media of propaganda, I was bummed it was aimed at apple.

But really...what would the difference be between spending the money on regular batteries (on another mp3 player) over a 1.5 year period, compared to a $50-$75 dollar battery replacement??

How Long does an iPod battery last for?

OP
W

wilyliam

Seems like the thing to do is get the thing from BestBuy and spring for their extra warranty.

If the battery starts to fade, they'll just replace the whole unit.

Wily

OP
R

rcsskier

wilyliam said:
Seems like the thing to do is get the thing from BestBuy and spring for their extra warranty.

If the battery starts to fade, they'll just replace the whole unit.

Wily

I got a 4 year on mine from Best Buy.

But ya, that is B.S. that tech support does not offer any other options. When someone pays that much for an MP3 player, they should be treated like they made the correct choice by getting propper customer service, not getting their nutts put in a vice. Why not charge a flat rate of $100 for a new battery and labor, and include a box with prepaid shipping sent to their house? GG apple support.

OP
W

wilyliam

4 years!

I just got my iPod from Best Buy last night - they said there was only a 2 year plan!? I wanted a longer one!

Wily

OP
G

Gamer

at the end of my two year warrenty i'm going to replace my battery so it will last that much longer this maybe a suggestion for anyone with a two year warrenty on the iPod

OP
D

Danimac

GoDeacs06 said:
If you buy that $50 one from ipodbattery.com, who do you get to install it?

MacAddict mag says it will run an article on DIY iPod battery changing next month...............

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.