opening old disk doubler files

T

TLizzie

I've been trying to open old files saved to floppies that were compressed with Salient's Disk Doubler file compression software from years back. Anybody have any suggestions about what I might be able to substitute to make the these files de-compress?

Reaction score
I have Disk Doubler. If you want, you can send me a private message with your email address. I presume you have System 9.

OP
D

David S Hurst

disc doubler??

Hi - I also have some critical files saved in disc doubler format that I would like to be able to open. Would you care to share a copy with me? Thanks. D. Hurst [email protected]

Reaction score
I tried for years to find a way to decompress old DiskDoubler files on OS X, to no avail.

Finally I found a copy of DiskDoubler from 1999 and installed it on my G4 running OS 9 on top of OS X. Works like a charm.

Since DD is incredibly hard to find online (impossible for me, I finally got it off an old backup CD-ROM), I've uploaded it here to share with anyone else who had this problem:

DiskDoubler Pro 4.1 for Mac OS 9
It's at the bottom of the article.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.