Imovie 10.1.1 Import Quality

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need help, im doing a video for a friend to show him how to make simple titles in keynote
I'm using screen flick to record my screen . The video recorded fine and played fine good quality
putting the video into imovie and checking the playback the video is rubbish quality
is there anyway to change the import settings so the video looks better when it plays back?

Thanks for your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Why not use Keynote to show how to make simple titles in Keynote, and then export it as a Quicktime movie?

OP
Reaction score
I would rather use imovie to do it ive just recorded a video using screen flick and quick time displays it fine. just chucked it into imovie and the quality if crap you can hardly read any of the text.
I'm thinking of reinstalling osx as ive been playing with different screen capture software and used movavi and it was a pain to uninstall so may be that has mucked up the quality some how??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
What resolution is the Screen Flick video? Try using the screen recording in Quicktime, see if that's any better?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.