how to view multiple Safari pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro Retina 13. 8GB memory, El Capitan; iPhone 6s.
Hi guys, just got this kicked off a different portion of this site cos I guess this question was in the wrong place. Could someone please answer this for me, thank you;
Let me post this question here; I am used to Bill's software whereby opening more than one page whilst minimizing other pages is as easy as swiping up the explorer key to open multiple pages. How do I do that with Safari?
Steve.

M

MacInWin

On the trackpad, two finger swipe to the right will move the current page out and bring back the previous. Reversing that will bring back the most recent. And in Safari, you can open multiple pages in tabs and just click from tab to tab. (File/New Tab)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey there we go, file/new tab then view / show all. Don't use the trackpad much I still prefer external mouse.
Thank you.
Steve.

M

MacInWin

Well, if you have the Apple Magic Mouse, a one finger swipe on the mouse to the right/left will accomplish the same as the trackpad swipe.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh, I am not that advanced, I have a logitech mouse. will have to look into your magic mouse though.
Steve.

M

MacInWin

You can, but it's not really al that much better than your logitech. It's just that the surface of the mouse combines the mouse and trackpad, which I find useful. It is a bit overly sensitive for my taste sometimes.

Even if you use a mouse, the trackpad gesture still works, you just have to move your hand to the trackpad.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, I know it very cool the number of movements that the trackpad can "see". Great really. But old habits die hard as they say. That mouse under the right hand is so comfortable and automatic now!!
Steve.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What's wrong with using Right-click and choose "Open in New Window"???

Then just rearrange your multiple open windows to suit your viewing pleasure.

Or an I missing something as a wireless Logitech mouse user for years…???? ;)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi and thanks pm-r, but since I plugged my logitech into my mbp my right click only offers:
back; re-load; open in dashboard; save page as; and print page. Unless I am missing something? But file new tab and view show all works fine.
Steve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It will probably depend on your browser settings but if there's a url or link to use to go to the second window, the right-click for new window should work. Then you'll end up with a new additional window.

I avoid all setting that try and force me to use multiple tabs for everything, and prefer to use separate widows for each page or site etc. so it works for me.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
///I avoid all setting that try and force me to use multiple tabs for everything, and prefer to use separate widows for each page or site etc. so it works for me.///
I have done that too for a long time ,but sometimes when working on projects its nice to keep a few pages open and flip between them when trying to put a project together. Thanks for the input.
This is such a good site to get lots of good advice I am so glad that many of you are willing to offer newbies advice. I am in my mid-50's ,had i-phones for years, my wife got a degree in computer science (math major) in 1984 and we have used windows forever. Wife has i-pads and i-phones but still persists in using windows for work. Nice in this switch of mine to a MBP to see everyone happy to help with every question. I am sure I will have more of them and look forward to your answers. Thank you all.
Steve.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.