Unable to log in to Apple TV

Reaction score
I recently re-installed El Capitan and when I tried to access my Apple TV (to play Home Videos) it says I am unable to sign as my Apple ID could not be found or my password was incorrect. I can access Netflix and Stan, so the Apply TV is working fine.
I have also checked and confirmed that I am using the correct ID and password. I have unplugged my Apply TV and reset my ID and password numerous times but it still will not allow me to sign in. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What Mac and AppleTV model and OS versions are you using and when did it last work?

OP
Q
Reaction score
I am using Apple 2 and I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2010) OS X 10.11.3. It last worked a couple of weeks ago (I went on leave, and overseas, shortly after installation) most likely after I reinstalled El Capitan. I can't be sure whether I accessed iTune after installation, but I am assuming the re-installation is at the core of my issues. I have no issues with Apple TV except for trying to access my computer - Netflix, etc all work perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try doing a google search using your "Unable to log in to Apple TV" subject I guess, and I have no idea what you mean by your comment that you have "… no issues with Apple TV except for trying to access my computer"

I don't think we can "access our computers" either (from the AppleTV), but then I don't think we've ever tried or even needed to try.

EDIT:
I just remembered something you might be having trouble with but no solution sorry, and that's we don't use any Home Sharing at all that I know of to share iTunes content and our Macs etc. via Apple TV access if that's your problem.

Last edited:
OP
Q
Reaction score
By accessing my "computer", I am referring to the Computer button on the Apple TV menu that takes you to iTunes. I have always used Home Sharing as I don't have AirPlay and it has always worked perfectly. I have searched Google but I will do so again. Thanks anyway.

OP
Q
Reaction score
I turned off my two-factor authentication and it now works perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I turned off my two-factor authentication and it now works perfectly.

Good thinking and fixing and just another El Capitan thing they forgot to let the user know about I guess. It also seems like a bit of overkill protection to me.

Anyway, glad to hear you got it all sorted out and working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.