Memory for new iBook Power PC G4 12"

D

donfanatico

I just bought the iBook form the Uk site selling at £699. Where can I get this memory cheaper than the £100 Appple are seling it for.

I am confused with all the desrpition of various modules and think they won't be compatible...I am looking for an extra 512 idaelly. Any ideas? Thanks

BIG Tone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
donfanatico said:
I just bought the iBook form the Uk site selling at £699. Where can I get this memory cheaper than the £100 Appple are seling it for.

I am confused with all the desrpition of various modules and think they won't be compatible...I am looking for an extra 512 idaelly. Any ideas? Thanks

BIG Tone

If you have a 1.33GHz, you would need a DDR333 SO-DIMM module. If it is a 1.2GHz or lower, you'll need a DDR266 DIMM module.

OP
D

donfanatico

Thanks Carla.

I have the 1.33GHz...any sites I can get my hands on cheap RAM?

Ta
BIG Tone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
donfanatico said:
Thanks Carla.

I have the 1.33GHz...any sites I can get my hands on cheap RAM?

Ta
BIG Tone

Newegg.com is where you can typically find great prices.

OP
D

donfanatico

Carla said:
Newegg.com is where you can typically find great prices.

I just found a very good site for the UK i think.

Just bought 512 RAM for less than £35 from crucial.com/uk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.