IPad drops every app I open

Reaction score
I have an old iPad and I think I have been vigilant in dcrubbing old files etc. yet, when I go to open an app it drops before opening and I have to touch the app again and, most often, it opens on the second try. Not the worse problem to have unless you haven't had your coffee.

Is this cause for a new iPad or is it salvageable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have an old iPad and I think I have been vigilant in dcrubbing old files etc. yet, when I go to open an app it drops before opening and I have to touch the app again and, most often, it opens on the second try. Not the worse problem to have unless you haven't had your coffee.

Is this cause for a new iPad or is it salvageable?

Hello Dave... - you really need to provide some crucial information: 1) What iPad model do you own (be specific); 2) What iOS is installed (9.2.1 is the current version); and 3) When did this problem start happening (e.g. after you tried an iOS update/upgrade)?

Please respond to the questions above, but for starters 'Reset' the iPad - i.e. hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take about 10 seconds), release and let the device reboot - then determine if the maneuver helped. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.