Designing a web site on an iMac, ideas / suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to build a website to be used to show clients examples of my photograph portfolio. I use a 2011 27" iMac running OS X Lion. I have heard people talk about 'word press' being a good option to design websites, and although I'm knowledgeable and confident on Mac's, I have no website design experience.
I have already purchased my domain, does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what would be relatively simple to use to create a simple & professional looking website...? Any help greatly appreciated!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Wordpress is a very popular CMS (Content Management System) that is used to create Blogs, Portfolios and E-Commerce websites. The administration is very straightforward with the Admin panel and the content is largely created using the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. The editor allows you to write all of your content and put pictures quite nicely.

Additionally, it has a very robust Plugin ecosystem allowing you to customizing your installation for just what you want.

Finally, the process of creating a blog or portfolio or e-commerce site is eased by using the right theme that gives you the styling/content hooks.

You have a domain, have you already gotten a web hosting site? If so, they likely have an easy way of installing Wordpress on your domain. Then use a search like this to explore themes that fit your aesthetic (and price) and go from there..

If you require a large amount of customization beyond what the canned themes/plugins get you, you can employ a Wordpress developer to make those changes for fairly cheap money.

Reaction score
I actually just asked the very same question, but in my case i am looking for something beginner friendly?. I do not quite have an experience. I tried asking my boyfriend, but he would rather do it for me, as opposed to teaching me, and this drives me nuts..hahaha :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.