spanish grammar checker

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is any grammar checker in Spanish language for Pages or any other word processor for Mac.
Thanks
Josef :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You would need to install the Spanish language version of MS Office before the Spanish grammar checker is available. As far as I know, just switching to the Spanish language (keyboard) in OS X only makes spell checking available. I can't speak for Pages but I would think the Spanish language version would have to be installed first same as MS Office.

OP
C
Reaction score
Im not talking about spelling in Spanish language but grammar corrections. The same as in Word for Windows Im looking for Word for Mac or Pages. Grammar checking in Pages works only for English. It is very difficult to understand why Apple is ignoring a large public as Spanish speakers. Millions of people would be grateful to the company if will recognized their existency.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Re-read my reply above. The English version of Word or Pages does not provide for Spanish grammar corrections. You would NEED to install the Spanish version of Word or Pages. How is it Apple's fault or Microsoft's fault if you don't use the Spanish version of their application?

Perhaps this LINK and Explanation from the Microsoft Office forum will help you to find the Spanish version of Mac Office.

OP
C
Reaction score
Re-read my reply above. The English version of Word or Pages does not provide for Spanish grammar corrections. You would NEED to install the Spanish version of Word or Pages. How is it Apple's fault or Microsoft's fault if you don't use the Spanish version of their application?

Perhaps this LINK and Explanation from the Microsoft Office forum will help you to find the Spanish version of Mac Office.

Im sorry for my ignorance so maybe you can tell me where I can find the Spanish Version of Pages? Concerning the Word version I can only show you the list of proofing tools for Spanish language where you could see there is not grammar tools for this language.

Thanks

View attachment Spanish Proofing tools.pdf

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Here's a solution I found:

1. Select all text (Cmd + a)
2. Open the Inspector (Cmd + Opt + i)
3. Choose the Text inspector (the fourth pane/menu shown as a big T)
4. Choose submenu More
5. Choose Español
6. OS X and therefore also Pages now uses the Spanish dictionary for this document.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Here's a solution I found:

1. Select all text (Cmd + a)
2. Open the Inspector (Cmd + Opt + i)
3. Choose the Text inspector (the fourth pane/menu shown as a big T)
4. Choose submenu More
5. Choose Español
6. OS X and therefore also Pages now uses the Spanish dictionary for this document.

HTH,

- Nick

Im sorry but in submenu More there is not option of Español or any other language
Josef

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im sorry but in submenu More there is not option of Español or any other language...

Maybe you don't have other languages installed. To check this…go to:

- Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Language & Text Preference

For example on my computer. I have 30 languages installed (including English).

If you don't have "Español" installed…that could be the problem.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Maybe you don't have other languages installed. To check this…go to:

- Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Language & Text Preference

For example on my computer. I have 30 languages installed (including English).

If you don't have "Español" installed…that could be the problem.

- Nick

I have Español installed also as principal language but still there is not Spanish Grammar only spelling in Spanish
Thanks again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have Español installed also as principal language but still there is not Spanish Grammar only spelling in Spanish

One more idea. You said you have Español installed. Is Español also selected as the default language (rather than...for example…English as the default language)?

-Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, of course it is my default language. In any case the list of languages that Word for Mac included built in Grammar Checking in the Proofing tools are: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Swedish. So, why not Spanish? Maybe they are working in it but we dont know.
Thank you any way
Josef

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.