PLEASE HELP!! Aperture picture library disappeared...Possibly Migration Assistant??

Reaction score
I bought a new iMac and I was going to transfer my Aperture library over from my old MacBook Pro. Well, My library is not there. Aperture loads as if it is newly installed with no Photos. If I open iPhoto is still has the photos that were there previous to me buying Aperture.

I was trying to transfer my iTunes library today with Migration Assistant and I still can't find the files that were transferred. I don't have any other users on my new computer. Could this have something to do with it?

When I look at my old MacBook it had 535 GB of "OTHER" on the hard drive, so it seem like they still might the there. I don't know what to do and I am freaking out. They are all family photos. They should be on an external hard drive but I haven't tried that yet.

I also haven't been using my macbook much; often leaving the battery drained for a month at a time. Could this be it? Why would my aperture photos be the only thing to disappear?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.