Upgrading IOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Air 2 64GB, 8GB iPod, 2GB iPod
In the past under ms operating systems I've always wait a few months before installing a os upgrade. How long do you folks wait before upgrading your IOS? I do see there is beta testing going on too and is it ok to upgrade once beta testing is done?

Kenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I usually upgrade when they come out. I read what the beta testers are posting to see if there is anything I need to be concerned about. Since most updates offer security updates too I tend to upgrade as they come out.

Now for OS X - I will wait to see if anyone else has issues. I can tolerate an app not working on my phone. As long as I get calls and text I can survive until a fix becomes available. But for my computers I can't always wait for an app fix.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In the past under ms operating systems I've always wait a few months before installing a os upgrade. How long do you folks wait before upgrading your IOS?

The latest Apple iOS (iOS 9) was released in September (approximately 5 months ago).

I do see there is beta testing going on too and is it ok to upgrade once beta testing is done?

Beta testing is almost always going on. Could be for a new version or an update.

- Nick

OP
kennyleri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reason for the question too was I have IOS 9.2 on iPad and now asking to install 9.2.1. Again a learning curve with a different system trying to get use to.
Lisa point well taken.
Thanks Nick got your point.

Kenny

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The learning curve from 9.2 to 9.2.1 seems rather small to me. It's essentially bug fixes etc. rather than major changes to 9.2.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The update from 9.2 to 9.2.1 will hardly be noticeable. You might even want to wait as we should soon see iOS 9.3 released for public consumption. That will have some changes which will be noticeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
So is it safe to allow 9.2.1 to go ahead without risk of my iPhone being bricked?
I admit I have done so on my iPad Air2 without any problems so far.

OP
kennyleri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Slydude the learning curve I was referring to was my lack of experience with apple and how they release os upgrades not going from 9.2 to 9.2.1, but thanks anyway.

chacag thanks, I will likely wait for 9.2.

Kenny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.