Viewing flash drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro Retina 13. 8GB memory, El Capitan; iPhone 6s.
Looked at faq and did not find my answer, could someone help with this. I plug in a flash drive loaded with pics and vid and even using the "view" category at the top of the screen and selecting "slideshow" I do not get a slideshow, first image sits there until I back-track to thumbnails and select pic #2. Any ideas to make the drive play pics in sequence? Thank you.
Steve.
as a ps, I also cannot open .mts video on my flash drives, anyone know a good app for that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I don't seem to have the Slideshow option, but the easiest way is choose List View, select the first file and then tap the Spacebar to enter Quickview. Then just use the Down Arrow key to run through the rest.

I also cannot open .mts video on my flash drives, anyone know a good app for that?
Macs won't play/view .mts/ABCHD files, you'll need an app. These two will convert your files:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/free-mts-m2ts-converter/id517643843?mt=12
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/free-avchd-to-mov/id675103877?mt=12

This one will just "rewrap" it into a .mov container. Because there is no conversion, there is no loss of quality.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39800/rewrapavchd

M

MacInWin

Looked at faq and did not find my answer, could someone help with this. I plug in a flash drive loaded with pics and vid and even using the "view" category at the top of the screen and selecting "slideshow" I do not get a slideshow, first image sits there until I back-track to thumbnails and select pic #2. Any ideas to make the drive play pics in sequence? Thank you.
Steve.
What app are you using? Preview? Photos? Something else?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Preview, automatically opens when I click on the flash drive on the right side of the screen. In Preview, I click "view" and at the next to bottom of that dialog box is "slideshow" but it never works.
Also on the .mts video files I re-read Sony's info on my HD Handicam and it says Macs should automatically play .mts but I don't experience that, will try the downloads.
Steve.

Last edited:
OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An "Aha" moment. I plugged the SDHC card from my Sony Handicam into the Mac and uploaded to photos. Everything plays here. Still can't do slideshow, but spacebar goes back to last selected then click next item, I guess thats better than what I had viewing the flash drive with the same content but from a windows computer.
Steve.

M

MacInWin

In Preview, pick more than one image, then Slideshow works. You were getting a slideshow of ONE slide because that's all you picked for the slideshow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.