all music on computer to itunes?

2000blasterboy

Hey everyone, finally got my new to me ibook lol fedex sucks BTW they lost it origonally... lol anyways, i got it and now that i got all my music off my ipod with the help of ilinkpod or something like that, and it put it in 50 different folders with 3 in each, i dont feel like draging and droping each one, is there a way to search for all the music on the computer and put it in itunes like on windows?
Ben

Reaction score
Since you probably have OS X Tiger, learn to use spotlight. Go to the folder where all your music is, and type in the search field: "kind:music"
All music files from that folder should show up. You can now drag these into your itunes library.

Make sure that Folder "FolderName" is highlighted at the top, or else you'll be searching your entire computer which is not what you want.

Oh and you tell me, WINDOWS can do that? ;-)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I agree with Yogi, use Spotlight to find them all. If your iBook is brand new it should have OSX Tiger with Spotlight installed.

OP

2000blasterboy

its os 10.3.9 and is that program installed? and windows dosnt ahve anything like spotlight but it has a feature in itunes to put all music files on the the computer into itunes..
Ben

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, that is Panther, it does not have Spotlight. I know when you first run iTunes on OSX it asks to find all your music.

OP

2000blasterboy

yeah they had allready run it becasue i got it used...
Ben
Maybe i will just uninstall it and reinstall it i dont have anything on it anyways lol

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are all the folders in the same place? If so, use the mouse and lasoo them and then drag them all into iTunes. I have done that a few times.

OP

2000blasterboy

yea the folders are in the same place, i tried that, didnt work...
Ben
i might bite the bullet and just drag files by the three how they are in the folders...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just made a bunch of folders and copied music into each one. I highlited all of them and dragged them into the iTunes window and all copied into iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20" Intel Core Duo
yogi said:
Oh and you tell me, WINDOWS can do that? ;-)

It can. Just search your computer for files, or you can select photo's,music,or video.You just check which one you would like to search,or you can select search for files,documents,computers,or people.

Still,I much prefer spotlight,and OS X. :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.