iPad Pro for sheet music (?)

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I might treat myself to an iPad Pro. My main use would be to store sheet music and thus avoid carting round music books. I'm aware of the Scribd sheet music option but I have other scanned stuff. I do have some sheet music (also top lines with chord symbols) on my old iPad but I reckon the larger screen would make things easier for my eyes.

How about using a flash drive with the iPad Pro? I read that some flash drives do not work with (the older?) iPads but is the iPad Pro likely to be better. I'd like to use flash drives for backing up.

Thanks in advance for comments.

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I know our musicians use iPads - mostly mini's to store music on. Our piano player uses a regular iPad for sheet music so I imagine a pro would be a nice size upgrade.

As for a USB. You would need the lightning connection adapter. The iPad Pro has a USB 3.0 capability which means it is a faster connection. As long as the flash drive is formatted FAT32 it should work fine. Even if the flash drive is not a USB 3.0 drive it will be backward compatible just not as fast as a 3.0 flash drive.

Truthfully for backup I would suggest, in addition to a flash drive, either using iCloud which would backup automatically or use something like Google drive. If I had a dollar for every flash drive I have lost I could have retired ten years earlier. :Oops:

Lisa

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply ... this has helped me to make up my mind. I'll get the iPad Pro and use iCloud but also a flash drive and try not to lose it.
M

OP
M
Reaction score
Further to my query about the iPad Pro, last year I bought MS Office for Mac (I need this because I collaborate with others) and I'm wondering whether there's an IOS equivalent. If so, would I have to fork out again for the whole thing or would the licence cover the IOS version?
Thanks in advance for comments.
M

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of Office did you buy? If you subscribed to Office (365) your license would cover full use of the iOS Office apps. If you purchased the stand alone version of Office 2016 you can still use the iOS apps but they are not the full versions. I use Mac Word 2016 on my iPhone but not to do any editing, however, for simple usage it works fine. You can get all the information you need regarding the Office 2016 apps, subscription, iOS usage, etc, by going to the MS Office web site.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your help - much appreciated as ever.
My version was bought as a stand-alone in 2015. As you suggest, I'll check the wesite.
M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.