iMovie to Final Cut Pro.....

M

mrfu

I seem to have an issue with my final cut pro and iMovie. I connected my cam to my Powerbook and dumped the footage from my cam onto iMovie.....this was just a simple test to make sure that it worked. Then I finally installed Final Cut Pro and took the clips (.dv) into FCP. When I imported the files, the video's play without a problem, ready to be edited. The problem is the sound is replaced with a constant beeping sound.

I have been able to dump footage from the cam into FCP without a problem. I was just wondering why it was making this beeping noise when I take it from iMovie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
In FCP this means that the sound isn't "rendered". You need to highlight the sound in the timeline and hit "command+R". This should sort the beeping.

OP
M

mrfu

quicksilver said:
In FCP this means that the sound isn't "rendered". You need to highlight the sound in the timeline and hit "command+R". This should sort the beeping.

Thanks alot....You were right the sound wasn't rendered. Was such a simple solution. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
mrfu said:
Thanks alot....You were right the sound wasn't rendered. Was such a simple solution. :)

Glad i could help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I was considering getting FCP is it a hard app to use? Easy to learn?

OP
M

mrfu

MacMania55 said:
I was considering getting FCP is it a hard app to use? Easy to learn?

Well....let me say it's a logical program. I do often times read in the manual. But it hasn't been that bad for me because I use to use Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows. So I kind of knew what editing programs can do. Like I say it's a logical program though.

Reaction score
Final Cut Express may be better - I use it and was able to get it of the Education website for £129. It also comes with Soundtrack and Livetype.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.