Adobe Acrobat Reader!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5,2Ghz,200GB.Mac Book Pro,1.83 Ghz,80GB,512MB.30GB video iPod
Hello forum,
Is there a free version of Acrobat Reader Pro. for .Mac OS X?
I would like to download it.
Please advise!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Is there a Acrobat Reader Pro version exist? I know only Adobe Acrobat Professional.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The PRO version of Adobe Acrobat is Pay both on Windows and OSX. What did you want to do that needs the Pro version? Preview in OSX can read any PDF and works great. If you need to write, the only easy way I know is purchase the pro version of Adobe Acrobat that I know of.

Update, check out this URL. I thought there was a way in OSX but wanted to be sure as not to give you wrong info.

http://clc.its.psu.edu/Labs/Mac/Help/software/howtocreatepdfs.aspx

OP
forex@mac.com
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5,2Ghz,200GB.Mac Book Pro,1.83 Ghz,80GB,512MB.30GB video iPod
dtravis7 said:
The PRO version of Adobe Acrobat is Pay both on Windows and OSX. What did you want to do that needs the Pro version? Preview in OSX can read any PDF and works great. If you need to write, the only easy way I know is purchase the pro version of Adobe Acrobat that I know of.

Update, check out this URL. I thought there was a way in OSX but wanted to be sure as not to give you wrong info.

http://clc.its.psu.edu/Labs/Mac/Help/software/howtocreatepdfs.aspx

I thought there was a free official version of it.I can preview pdf files,but I need professional version in order to write .pdf files.I will take a look at your link though.Thank you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried the first option in that url and it worked everytime for me. Hope that helps you out as you need nothing but what is in OSX. I had done it a long time ago but forgot all about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You do understand that OS X can create a PDF simply by "printing" a PDF document? You don't need Acrobat to do it.

Simply go to Print, then click the PDF button in the print dialoque.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 X 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5
Aside from using the print to PDF option, Adobe Creative Suite comes with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Personally, I use Freehand MX to lay-out what I want, and just export it as PDF when I need to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.