Changing Screen Brightness on MBP Running XP

V

Voix

I've been running my MBP on Windows after a successful Bootcamp install. One thing, though, is that the screen is always at its brightest setting. This is the LCD backlight, not the "brightness" or "gamma" settings in the ATI control panel.

The F1/F2 buttons, which change the screen brightness in OSX, are doing nothing to the screen brightness while running XP. Anyone else experiencing this behavior, or have a fix?

Reaction score
Voix said:
I've been running my MBP on Windows after a successful Bootcamp install. One thing, though, is that the screen is always at its brightest setting. This is the LCD backlight, not the "brightness" or "gamma" settings in the ATI control panel.

The F1/F2 buttons, which change the screen brightness in OSX, are doing nothing to the screen brightness while running XP. Anyone else experiencing this behavior, or have a fix?

I dont have BootCamp but was in CompUsa yesterday messing around with it. I noticed that in the taskbar at the lower right hand corner I saw an icon that looked liked a monitor. When I clicked on it I was able to control the brightness for the screen.

OP
V

Voix

pdditty said:
I dont have BootCamp but was in CompUsa yesterday messing around with it. I noticed that in the taskbar at the lower right hand corner I saw an icon that looked liked a monitor. When I clicked on it I was able to control the brightness for the screen.
Brilliant, that did it -- thank you for responding.

Reaction score
Press CTRL+SHIFT+F2 or CTRL+SHIFT+F3

Voix said:

Reaction score
Try this:
When in Windows, there's an icon in the lower tray that represents Boot Camp. Right click on it and go to the Boot Camp control panel. There you'll find an option for how to set up the "f" keys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.