Blue Screen od Death!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Well, this happened on two Mac's using Boog Camp.

Just hope it doesn't ruin your wonder computer.

1stbluescreen.jpg

2ndbluescreen.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
dimagex20 said:
Well, this happened on two Mac's using Boog Camp.

Just hope it doesn't ruin your wonder computer.

Lol well you can thank a ****ty OS for that. Its like putting cheap tires on a ferarri.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ROFLMFAO.....if you read my signature, the imac is my friends dad computer.
-chris

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
i just bought my copy of Windows Xp Home today, installed it with the drivers, guess what?..... it works perfect. faster than my family pc (which is windows).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Once again, uneducated users attempting to bash windows. To solve your problem, go into Device Manager under the control panel. Then click on the hardware tab. You should see a camera listed which is the iSight. This is not supported and you need to right click and disable it. This should cause your blue screen of death to stop. If your friend's Dad would have taken a moment to read the install manual, he would have known that Apple does not provide a driver for the iSight camera. I should note that Windows XP has worked Flawlessly on my 20" iMac. Some of this has to do with the level of experience the Windows user has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
That's not a normal Blue Screen of Death. That means there is a problem with the hardware/software compatiabilty or some other problem. I have helped friends and other people who have had those same screens. It isn't ALL that serious but you should still get it checked out.

Edit: Been beaten..should have typed faster, haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
techster82 said:
Once again, uneducated users attempting to bash windows. To solve your problem, go into Device Manager under the control panel. Then click on the hardware tab. You should see a camera listed which is the iSight. This is not supported and you need to right click and disable it. This should cause your blue screen of death to stop. If your friend's Dad would have taken a moment to read the install manual, he would have known that Apple does not provide a driver for the iSight camera. I should note that Windows XP has worked Flawlessly on my 20" iMac. Some of this has to do with the level of experience the Windows user has.

so we still cant say that it is funny? thats cool...you tell me what to think and ill think it next time

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no, its funny if the blue screen he got was caused by Windows being a ****ty OS. I just feel compelled to speak up when people have a wrong idea of why something happened. Rather than attempt to bash an OS with no basis for my rant, I simply chose to help him solve his problem. If you need help with your thinking, PM before you respond to anymore threads and I can set you straight real quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I thought I read somewhere about there being an issue with XP and the built in iSight cameras..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Baggss, I agree with you. That probably is what is causing that paticular Blue Screen.

One thing others need to know, To a Mac user, a Blue Screen in Windows is a funny thing. Let them laugh. It will not hurt anything. People need a good laugh from time to time.

In XP Blue Screens are RARE unless there is a problem with the hardware or a driver, but back in the 98 days that was not the case. I still get a laugh when I see a Blue Screen of death.

I hope it's just the iSight causing it. It would be NICE though if Apple is going to support the booting of XP on an Intel Mac, if Apple wrote a driver for the iSight so people on the Windows side can use it if they have the need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a blurb towards the bottom of this WSJ article that says iSight doesn't work.

T

tenbellys

hehe looking at these screenshots its like going into mcdonalds and just seeing salad. its just not right and doesnt feel right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
macs get the gsod... just not as often.

People, Windows is not a bad OS, don't trash it. We just tend to favor OS X. I'm fine with people who are Mac users, I just HATE those who take it to extremes and bash Windows. Yeah, a small remark here or there's fine, that's funny. But this is OVERKILL!

And btw Boot Camp won't support the iSight, Apple Remote, backlight on MBP, Apple USB modem, and wireless keyboards/mice. It says that in the manual? Might wanna read that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlindingLights said:
macs get the bosod... just not as often.

They are called "GSOD" (Grey Screen of Death) actually.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are we talking about a Kernel Panic? Had a couple of those on older Macs. In my Macs case it was bad RAM and a flaky Ram slot once.

Reaction score
I've been running Windows XP for 3 years or more, and I've never gotten the BSOD. You guys just need to learn how to use Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its funny you say that because my first blue screen in about that length of time was on my iMac when I first put Windows on it. It turned out to be a temporary issue with AIM that did it, which I have come to expect from any program that AOL makes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
One thing I think we can all agree on, is that any OS runs best on the hardware it runs best on. :)

I spent a lot of time wrestling with a perfect (or as close to perfect as I could get) install of Ubuntu on my Toshiba laptop. It went on my HP laptop without a hitch, and works flawlessly.

With respect to Windows: I encountered most of my BSOD issues on boxes I built myself (I never used cheap components, but I certainly don't design systems for a living), and with older versions of the OS. FWIW, during that time, I used AMD processors exclusively. A factor? Who knows.

More recently, all of my Windows machines have Intel based Gateway desktops, or, as I mentioned, Toshiba and HP laptops. I can't say that I've seen more than 1 BSOD between all of these machines in all the time I've owned them.

Windows is a fine OS, when you consider the variation of hardware it runs on, drivers thrown at it, and users/home system builders.

As I started out saying though, I think the right hardware in the hands of someone that's not heck-bent on breaking it, is key to the stability of any OS. My next machine will be another Mac, just because I prefer the user experience, not because I have any animosity toward Windows.

Mark

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
techster82 said:
Its funny you say that because my first blue screen in about that link of time was on my iMac when I first put Windows on it. It turned out to be a temporary issue with AIM that did it, which I have come to expect from any program that AOL makes.

Sometimes I feel that Anything AOL is like a bad virus!

Windows XP on a system with no hardware problems is very stable. End of argument.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
thank you. and thanks for pointing out the gsod thingy, i edited that.

I'm just kinda fed up that people who don't know how to use the OS get mad at it and dislike it. Hey, ever think that's why Windows users don't like Macs? I mean seriously. This reminds me of one of my teachers talking about Canon/Nikon disputes- they argue over the smallest things (e.g. button placement, size of lenses, etc.) Come on, don't be like that... Getting the BSOD on Windows XP is like getting a virus on a Mac. As said by PowerbookG4, "If you're stupid enough to get the virus, then you deserve it." If you don't know how to use Windows, don't say it's a bad OS. Learn to use it, learn how to work with it, don't be so straight minded.

Okay I'll continue rants here as more people post.

And don't use AOL... use trillian.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.