Burning Music to CD

Reaction score
Hi Folks I want to know if I can burn music files to a CD from my Itunes library if so the correct procedure I want to play these coped cd's on my car radio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Folks I want to know if I can burn music files to a CD from my Itunes library if so the correct procedure I want to play these coped cd's on my car radio

Hi Yobneb - there are a number of ways to play music in your car - Ashwin has already given you a valuable link (my process is the same, i.e. rip my CDs into the iTunes library and then make playlists which can be burned to CD); BUT, you have a number of options largely depending on the features of your car’s stereo? My old car could play only regular CDs (i.e. CDA or WAV files meaning about 60-70 minutes of music/CD) - my new car can play audio discs w/ WAV or MP3 files - w/ the latter, hours of music can be placed on one disc - so, if you are planning to put discs in a car CD player, what type(s) of audio files can be played?

In addition, my new car stereo is also blu-ray compatible, so now I usually play music in the vehicle wirelessly using either my wife’s iPhone, my old iPod, or my iPad - thus, another option if your car’s stereo unit has that capacity? Just a few more options to think about. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.