Odd iPod problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
My iPod is malfunctioning, and I've never heard of this problem before...

When I turn the iPod on, I get the Apple, then the Folder/! icon, then, if I'm hooked up to the charger or computer, it continues as usual. But after about 5 seconds, it turns off for a few seconds and then starts again. It continues to do this until the battery dies.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
validpretense
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but that doesn’t help.

I understand the Folder/! icon, but the problem is that it goes through that then starts, but then it shuts down and starts back up, repeating.

The computer doesn’t recognize it because it doesn’t stay on long enough.

The Menu+Select didn’t work, it just continues on the cycle of turning itself off then on.

Charging it didn’t help. After charging, it just took a longer time until it stopped doing it (which happened when the battery was fully drained) Plus, the same thing happens when it is plugged into the computer or charger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If none of those steps helped, then you are out of luck. If you still have APP on it, then definitely set up a repair for it.

If you don't have APP, then you now have a fancy white paperweight.

The same thing happened to my 3G 15 GB one. The cost to have mine repaired would have exceeded the cost of a new one, so I didn't do anything to it.

OP
validpretense
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Allright. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.