• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Amazing peice of art

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
Holy cow...

At first, when I looked at the first image, I was like "so what, someone took a pic of a train station" but then I read that it was an illustration from PS. Wow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Wow, I'm amazed.

My first reaction was, "Oh cool, someone used a camera to shoot the Chicago skyline...?" But then I read it was all Photoshop work and I was like "WOW!!!"

OP
L

lil

Oh my giddy gawd.

That is beyond impressive and stunning. *salutes that man* I'm sure I have been to that station too on my travels around Chicago and the midwest.

Makes my efforts look a bit umm, weak. (I do a fair bit of digital painting too, but with Painter IX—this was my latest 'effort': http://www.lilserenity.com/rhettbutler.jpg - warning it is big 1MB 50% quality JPEG)

To do that in Photoshop is awesome, as I wouldn't personally call it the best tool for the job.

I really need time to do more painting myself but between me writing books and sorting out the company I work for five days a week...I'm a bit strapped for time. But—easter weekend next weekend.

Anyway, what an awesome painting. Inspiring.

EDIT: Thought I recognised the chap's name, he wrote the foreword to the Painter IX WOW! Book, and has a number of pieces in the book, he is an amazing artist. I could not dream of being as good as he is; but then my style is different I suppose.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
OP
T

tenbellys

lil said:
Oh my giddy gawd.

That is beyond impressive and stunning. *salutes that man* I'm sure I have been to that station too on my travels around Chicago and the midwest.

Makes my efforts look a bit umm, weak. (I do a fair bit of digital painting too, but with Painter IX—this was my latest 'effort': http://www.lilserenity.com/rhettbutler.jpg - warning it is big 1MB 50% quality JPEG)

To do that in Photoshop is awesome, as I wouldn't personally call it the best tool for the job.

I really need time to do more painting myself but between me writing books and sorting out the company I work for five days a week...I'm a bit strapped for time. But—easter weekend next weekend.

Anyway, what an awesome painting. Inspiring.

EDIT: Thought I recognised the chap's name, he wrote the foreword to the Painter IX WOW! Book, and has a number of pieces in the book, he is an amazing artist. I could not dream of being as good as he is; but then my style is different I suppose.

Vicky

thats a nice peice of work you did! I can only admire peoples work. One day when I have my iMac maybe then I can bash out works of art. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
thats insane. absolutely insane.

OP
L

lil

tenbellys said:
thats a nice peice of work you did! I can only admire peoples work. One day when I have my iMac maybe then I can bash out works of art. :headphone

Aww thanks :flower: It didn't take months and months, well 2 months on and off. In total I'd say about 50 hours work.

When you have your iMac, get yourself a Wacom Intuos tablet and Painter IX and you will be definitely loving it, it's great fun!

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
by the way vicky, is there something up with ur site? i get an error connecting to the database.

OP
L

lil

macAttack said:
by the way vicky, is there something up with ur site? i get an error connecting to the database.

Sure is :flower:

I am working on it as we speak. So the database is down. In fact it's not even down, it's defunct and deleted. For a sneak of what I am up to...

http://www.lilserenity.com/ls — it's not nearly done yet and some things like the RSS feed may well be kooky.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
WOW, and all done on a Mac.

Amazing, just Amazing

Reaction score
i do like the site vicky.. i do love photography myself.. wanting to pick up a canon xt rebel before my trip to colombia in july.. i'll be for sure posting those up as well..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
sites gonna look good vicky...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.