Appleworks spreadsheet help

F

Fallooza

im very new ta workin with Appleworks. with the Help feature ive managed ta make a simple spreadsheet. my problem is when i put in a formula and have it fill the column, it repeats the answer down the whole column. in my example you can see that D3 has the formula =C3+D2 and repeats in the column in consecutive order. i would like it ta stop doin the formula untill a entry is put in C. or one that is 0< or 0>. I hope someone can make sense of this. if not look at the pic and you will see what im talkin about. and if you still dont know what the crap im talkin about, thanks for atleastvreadin this my whole post. Thanks

Picture 1.png

OP
F

Fallooza

canon_user808 said:
Try this-
=IF(C3=0,"",C3+D2)
ill give it a try as soon as i can. thanks foe the help. i gave up on this thread and just didnt think there was an answer.

OP
F

Fallooza

Fallooza said:
ill give it a try as soon as i can. thanks foe the help. i gave up on this thread and just didnt think there was an answer.
IT WORKED! i cant figure out how or why that formula works but it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Fallooza said:
IT WORKED! i cant figure out how or why that formula works but it does.
It is an if/then statement. If the column c cell contains a zero, then it enters "" which is nothing (in quotation marks). If this requirement is not met then it performs the action described in the formula. Hope that helps for future Spread sheet use.

OP
F

Fallooza

jhelm007 said:
It is an if/then statement. If the column c cell contains a zero, then it enters "" which is nothing (in quotation marks). If this requirement is not met then it performs the action described in the formula. Hope that helps for future Spread sheet use.
thanks alot! you da man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.