iMac and MBA

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Well I use a Mac mini and a Macbook Pro. I tried the whole "replace your laptop with a tablet" thing when I got a Nexus 7. It didn't stick and I ended up with a chromebook (which I actually liked quite a bit, limited though it was). So then I said, "Well the problem must be I just don't like Android to much" and bought an iPad. Well I used the iPad more but no it still wasn't the same as having a portable computer. So I ended up buying a Pro last year. Now I've the mini, the Pro, my iPad Air, and my iPhone. I use all four devices quite a bit.

I dump loads into my desktop setup (lets say $2800? I somewhat regret scrimping and only buying the dual-core mini) so I buy a cheaper laptop. I was doing it this way in 2000s before tablets came out and I figured out that tablets, while cool, are no sub for a portable computer.

When I'm sitting at my desk, I usually have both machines open but running different tasks. Often the Pro is doing media and web browsing while I'm crunching things on my mini.

Great! Yeah I'm sure I'll be using all of them. From what I understand it is possible to have all Macs synced right?

I have files on my iMac that I would love to have access to at work but my job gives me a heavy Windows laptop that I refuse to carry around so I think the MB air would be perfect.

C

chas_m

The iCloud service will keep some things in sync between your Mac(s) and your iOS device(s): things like Calendar, Contacts, Safari Bookmarks, email, messages, Photos, iTunes, Notes, Reminders, iBooks, all that sort of thing.

If you want to keep personal folders or work stuff etc (ie not data generated by Apple programs), then I'd suggest Chronosync, which can remotely sync all kinds of different stuff. It can be used very simply or handle quite complex arrangements among multiple computers if one needs that.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I think I'm going to buy the MBA soon! ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Not multiple computers (but what is a computer nowadays?) but I find myself using MBP, tablet and mobile for the same things (sometimes at the same time!) even though they were bought for separate purposes: tablet for reading in bed and travelling, mobile for communication away from home.

When my basic Kindle died I reckoned it would be better to have a multi-purpose tablet for the same price rather than a simple reading machine so graduated to a Samsung tablet then, last year, iPad mini (wifi only). The iPad stays beside my bed and is used for reading, internet and is what I take when travelling. I switch off wifi to save battery power so often pick up the phone, charging on the beside table, to check weather forecast, tide tables, messages etc, while reading or playing Solitaire on the iPad.

Daytime, if I've put the MBP away, I often use my mobile for surfing and I don't use my landline at all now since my mobile package includes all calls. Connected or what??!

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, Yeah! Nice!!! We want specs!

BTW: I added a "boy" to my line up. I bought my husband an iMac!

Lisa

I just got the base 13'' 1.6 Ghz i5 4GB ram 128GB storage

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congrats!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Nice! I am sure you will enjoy it.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.