Changing Printer Profiles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.67 15" 2GB RAM 80GB HD Superdisk
For some reason I can't figure this out. I open the Printer Setup Utility, select my Epson Stylus Color 980 printer, start the ColorSync utility and get a set of different profiles.

The blue ball is next to the Standard Profile. I click on that and and I get an arrow button where it looks like I can change the Standard to a different profile. I have tried selecting every profile to no avail. The printer still prints in Standard or Draft mode. Hard to print hi-res pictures that way! :rolleyes:

I must be missing something along the way. Help!!!!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.67 15" 2GB RAM 80GB HD Superdisk
Duh....

I checked out some books on OS X Tiger at the local Barnes & Noble this morning and found that there is more to the Print box than I thought. I dropped down the list and under Print Settings I could choose the Print Media.

The Print Media corresponded to the ICC profiles I saw in ColorSync. There I selected Photo paper. This setting had the correct DPI setting I wanted of 720 I like to use for printing Jewel case covers from iTunes. I saved this setting for future use (which I found a nice feature).

I have to keep reminding myself not to think too much with OS X! :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.