Which 5K 27" iMac?

Reaction score
Yes seems to work fine in Chrome. Shows off the 5k well.

I run IT at our work about 350 scientist. Some have Macs but we dont really incorporate them into the network though we are under more pressure to. No PC is allowed on the Network without having all the auto updates/anti virus client being installed and set up. Despite my assersion that they dont need as much management as the PCs, my PC guys are very apprehensive about putting the MACs on the AD sigh...

Jerry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Despite my assersion that they dont need as much management as the PCs, my PC guys are very apprehensive about putting the MACs on the AD sigh...

LOL, well then it's up to you to educate them and cure their "fears". ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
I love the iMac as well. I timed the start up at 12 seconds ready to use, really amazing. I ran that video of the chimps in 5k on Safari, and it quit, and gave an error message as well. Is there something amiss with Safari?

Reaction score
As I said the common solution seems to be to use the 64bit version of Chrome.

Jerry

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As I said the common solution seems to be to use the 64bit version of Chrome. Jerry

I'm currently using the 64 bit version of Chrome, however, it's still in beta and may have a few glitches for some folks. I haven't run into any but I'm not a power user. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.