iBook G3 Errors please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 White iBook G3 256M
I have an iBook G3 2003 and am going to upgrade soon. However, until I upgrade it to OSX there are ome problems that i wondered if people now how to fix. Also I am not sure if the problems will carry over to my new operating system, when i get it. The problems are: iTunes says "The folder "Plug-ins"cannot be found, and is required. Please reinstall the application". Now I didn't to my knowledge delete iTunes, is there anything i can do besides reinstall? The other problem is that Appleworks always stalls and asks for the USB stick i used to use.
Please Help

E

edge

For the iTunes problem, simply reinstalling iTunes should make that go away. It's asking you to reinstall iTunes, not the whole OS. No big deal there.

Not sure about Appleworks. That sounds like a preferences problem to me. What version of Mac OS are you running now, and what sort of iBook is this? Is it the all white G3 with the transparent keyboard? or the clamshell?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
If it is was made in 2003, it would be the white ibook... After you upgrade to OS X, id just buy a copy of iWork, instead of trying to fix appleworks... iWork has a lot more features, and is easier to use...

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 White iBook G3 256M
It is the iBook with the transparent keyboard. I will install OSX and get iWork, but where would i change the preferences for appleworks so it would stop the USB thing. Thanks for the answers

E

edge

In OS X the preferences fill is located in Users > [username] > Library > Preferences

It will be something like com.apple.appleworks.plist

It sounds like you're working with an older version of the program/OS though, so this might not be the case. The best thing to do here would be to just reinstall Apple Works.

Definitely get iWork if you can though.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 White iBook G3 256M
I'm running OS 9.2, i will get OS X and iWork when i get back in the country, because i can't get a hold of it where i am now, i dont have my 9.2 software disks with me either so i will prob just have to wait. I will try your suggestion and post how it worked out in this forum.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I suggest you wipe your HDD before you install OSX.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 White iBook G3 256M
Hi sorry not to post for a long time but i was driving across europe. I really was!
Anyway i couldn't find the preferences panel and have just decided to wait and upgrade to OS X and get Microsoft Office for mac or iWork. Thanks for the suggestions.
over and out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.