Airport status not showing in menubar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Hey guys,

I have no clue what is going on here, but for some reason, my ibook doesnt show the aiport card status in the menu bar. At first i thought it was due to a brother printer drivers/utilities installation but i uninstalled that and reinstalled it a hundred time and it doesnt seem to work. I then realized that its been a while since I had restarted my ibook so it might not have been the brother utilities that messed it up. It probably was some other software or something. Can't pin point it anymore but now I am stuck without an airport status in my menu bar. The airport card still works and connects to my network. After it is connected, if i log out and log back in, then it shows up in the menu bar! Why not the first time? I'm going crazy here. I have spent over 3 hours trying to figure this out and I am about to pull out all my hair out now! Please help :eek:neye:

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
for the very basics...you do have the 'display airport in menubar' option checked right?
-chris

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
coach_z said:
for the very basics...you do have the 'display airport in menubar' option checked right?
-chris

LOL. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have done that. I have actually done a lot more than that. I tried creating new accounts and seeing if the problem persists there too, and it does...I also ran permissions repair twice....didn't help. i also installed the brother drivers/utilities on my roommates mac and fortunately the problem didnt occur on his computer. i am guessing it has something to do with the .plist file or some other file in the library. Just don't know which one and i am not in the mood for trial and error :dummy:

In addition to this problem, I have been having another problem with my airport express for some time now....for some reason, all the three macs in our house don't connect to it automatically. You have to connect to it manually. Its not the same with other open networks, and even though we have the password saved in the keyhchain and set it first in the "preferred network" list....still doesn't work....but i guess this problem is secondary. I really want to get the airport status problem fixed....don't you hate it when something is not working properly on your mac? It drives me nuts!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.