iPod 3 sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
When I try to sync my Ipod I get a message saying computr not authorized so I go to the store and authorize my computer and click on sync then get a message syncing only for the sync to fail and a message telling me the computer is not authorizes.No matter how many times I authorize I get the same result syncing and the fail message.Can anyone explain what is happening and how to solve the problem.
Regards Ray

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why do you need to go to the store to authorize your computer? You should be able to do that from iTunes. Also, we're going to need more info from you: Which iPod do you have? Touch? Nano? Shuffle? And, which version of OS X are you using?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Why do you need to go to the store to authorize your computer? You should be able to do that from iTunes. Also, we're going to need more info from you: Which iPod do you have? Touch? Nano? Shuffle? And, which version of OS X are you using?

I have an ipod 3 touch when I try to sync I get a message computer not synced go to store and click authorize this computer when I do this and click on sync after about 10 seconds the same message comes up for me to go to the store and authorize ?.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Again, you can authorize your computer right from iTunes without having to take the Touch to an Apple Store. The iPod Touch 3 is an older version of the Touch and according to Apple requires at least OS X Tiger (OS X 4.11) and iTunes 9. You still haven't told us which version of OS X you're running? If you're having trouble with the Touch you can always reset it with iTunes. However, before you do that you would want to make sure that all your music, photos, etc. are backed up somewhere else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.