Is this a great deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
Someone I know is selling a powermac 2.7 with 4.5 gigs of RAM for 1700 and a apple 23 in monitor for 800. both are 3 months old. Should I get it?

A

AstralZenith

mr g5 said:
Someone I know is selling a powermac 2.7 with 4.5 gigs of RAM for 1700 and a apple 23 in monitor for 800. both are 3 months old. Should I get it?

if it was me id maybe get the monitor, but that powermac isnt gona hold much value

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They both sound like a pretty darn good deal to me. I would say get them both if you have the cash.

Reaction score
I would say that it is a good deal. I would just ask about dead pixels and other problems. Hope everything goes well, if you need any more advice, just post it here!

Signed,

EDIT_X

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EDIT-XTREEM said:
I would say that it is a good deal. I would just ask about dead pixels and other problems. Hope everything goes well, if you need any more advice, just post it here!

Signed,

EDIT_X

thanks for such quick replies. Does the 400 mhz RAM speed realy slow down the computer compared to the 533 mhz they use now, and is this RAM dual channel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
All DDR ram is dual channel but it will only run in dual channel if it is installed in matched pairs. Example: you have 4 ram slots, but use only three of them, this would not allow the ram to run in dual channel mode and not use it to its full ability. You are probably not going to see a huge difference between the DDR and DDR2 used in the newer ones, plus PC3200 DDR is cheaper.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I missed out he put it on ebay and I lost the bid. thanks for the help though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.