• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple's sense of Humor

P

piece of apple

They're my favorait brand for a reason: They've got a wicked scence of humor. I was reading their Boot Camp page:

EFI and BIOS
Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries.

Word to the Wise
Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means it’ll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world. So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows security fixes.
"the mac can operate smoothly in in Both Centuries" Who else but Apple, eh? They got so many inside jokes, those guys. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Apple has always had a sense of humour, like the do not eat iPod Shuffle thing.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Benjamindaines said:
Apple has always had a sense of humour, like the do not eat iPod Shuffle thing.

I remember that. So funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Nice post, but you didn't spell sense right in your title. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Anyone remember the big "Redmond, start your photocopiers" banners that Apple had when it first previewed the features in Tiger?

It's all advertising...a little bravado never hurts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
technologist said:
Anyone remember the big "Redmond, start your photocopiers" banners that Apple had when it first previewed the features in Tiger?

It's all advertising...a little bravado never hurts.

Did you see the mane on that guy to the right of the billboard? wicked :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
deus_ex_machina said:
Did you see the mane on that guy to the right of the billboard? wicked :p
No, what was his name? I cant see it is too zoomed out.

OP
P

piece of apple

and for mac os x public beta they had the "you are holding the future of macintosh in your hands" label. talk about pressure for the user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
aantoine90 said:
No, what was his name? I cant see it is too zoomed out.

mane as in hair, the guy to the right has a crazy hairdo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.