Defragmenters?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I did a search before I did this post and it turned up nothing, but if this has already been asked sorry. Having been a Windows user for many years one thing I did at least once a week was defrag my hard drive. Is that necessary with OS-X?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
baggss said:

I love this site, ask and you shall receive!

Thanks

Although I did download a freebie called MacJanitor, that after I ran it my system "seemed" to boot up faster.

T

Tiranis

Hambug said:
I love this site, ask and you shall receive!

Thanks

Although I did download a freebie called MacJanitor, that after I ran it my system "seemed" to boot up faster.

Don't defragment Mac hardrives, please. It's not just "not required", it's not recommended.

Not unless your hardrive is almost full, you're sure you need to defragment, and there's no other option.

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tiranis said:
Don't defragment Mac hardrives, please. It's not just "not required", it's not recommended.

Not unless your hardrive is almost full, you're sure you need to defragment, and there's no other option.

Might I ask why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.