Recently Switched, LOVING IT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Hey all, I recently switched as some of you might know, and just wanted to take the time to post the positive response that rarely makes it onto "paper" here. I haven't had any issues w/ my MacBook Pro, and don't expect that I will. Everything runs great, and OS X is just so intuitive.

I have my laptop set up on my L-shaped desk, a 90 degree turn from my desktop, and since getting the laptop, I haven't used my desktop for ANYTHING besides gaming. And, let me point out (not trying to brag...), my desktop is by no means insignificant in comparison to my MacBook Pro. It's a homebuilt PC, San Diego Core AMD CPU, 2GB RAM, 256MB 7800 GT card, etc., all inside an attractive Lian-Li case, running on a 24" Dell Widescreen display. My point being, I have no reason NOT to use the desktop due to it being outdated... OS X is just that much better of an operating system.

Anyway, I just wanted possible customers to be able to read a positive reaction for once, seeing as most of the people that post about their newly-acquired Mac only seem to post if there's an issue, rather than about their positive experience.

I'm proud to be a member of the Mac community. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
glad you like it

::thumbs up::
-chris

O

onestep

Glad you are experiencing the joy we have known for so long. Sounds like you are REALLY happy! Congratulations!

Reaction score
Hook the MacBook up to the 24 inch Dell....

Dual screen heaven :cool:

L

lil

Thumbs up definitely for Dell's displays. The dual 2001FPs (20") screens I have of theirs are simply superb!

Vicky

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome aboard to the world of OSX. Glad you are enjoying it! It's a great OS. Took me hours to get used to it and love it.

Anyway Congrats!!

...Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Apple has more rights to the McDonalds slogan than McDonalds does.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Hmm I never thought about hooking up the 24" to the laptop... that's a thought... I could even hook it up, put the laptop in front, and raise the monitor high enough so one sits right below the other, haha.

It's def. a thought... maybe I'll give it a try sometime :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
AstralZenith said:
.....macs are aweful

They certainly are "aweful".... I am in complete and utter awe of the beauty and ease of use of Mac OS X everytime I use my PowerBook.

:black:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Total AWE! :spook:

If people look carefully at your spelling, they will get it. Fooled me at the very first till I looked more carefully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I can find a good home for that gaming rig if you want to give it to me!!

I agree that OSX is brilliant. The world would be a better place if everyone used it!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I think the gaming rig will be sitting right here with me. Now I can really clean it up though and use it for SOLELY that purpose. I plan to do everything but gaming on this thing, and use that only for gaming. It's all riddled w/ software that accumulated throughout my quest towards making my PC feel like a Mac. I was able to trick some friends when they came over (the Lian-Li V1000 case doesn't hurt... I believe they make the G5 cases if I'm not mistaken? Either way it really resembles it) into thinking my desktop was a Mac :p. Now I have the real thing, and it puts the desktop to shame in almost every way, IMHO.

T

topshot

I think you should install boot camp for Mac OS X for your gaming, sell your PC rig (keep the monitor though as an external monitor) and use the money on some cool mac gear. Or sell the monitor with it and upgrade to a 30" Apple display! Now that would be nice for gaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.