External HD wont work

E

Edwin2213

Ive got a 400 gb external hard drive made by samsung ( i think?). it worked perfectly untill about 4days ago and now i cant get it to come up on either my powerbook or ibook. This is/was my backup drive so it there is anyway to try and force it to load so i can see if there is a problem and pull some important files off that would be great or am i just out of luck...thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
try this. unplug it, turn it off etc. plug it in, turn it on, open disk utility and try to mount it through there.

-chris

OP
A

aaronccfc

I also have had problems with two external drives which previously worked for about two weeks before packing it in on my ibook. With so much being lost I am really worried about wasting money on another hard drive. Is this an ibook problem? Any suggestions as what external to get? I have 5gb left on my hard drive so have to come up with something soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Type df -T in Terminal & hit enter and let us know what you get. It basically shows you all the HDs attach to your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.