• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Recording live video with cam and audio from garageband

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on a new MBP. I want to create a video of myself using the built in cam while I record into garageband (capturing the live audio too of course)
I'm having some issues and and should be simple.

Option 1: I create a video using quicktime or photoboth and record at the same time into garageband, I merge the files together and sync them up. The problem with this is, photo both wants to record audio at the same time as garageband, which overloads the driver I guess and I get terrible delay and crackling. Is there someway I can disable Photo Booth/quicktime from automatically drawing an audio feed?

Option 2: I somehow direct the audio feed directly from garageband to the audio input of Photo Booth/quicktime. I've tried using audio flower and I can't get it to do this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm using a Toneport ux1 as my audio interface.

Does anyone know the proper system input/outputs to get Soundflower to do this?
Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.