Mobile Internet Access

M

m4cw4re_syst3m

Greetings,
Just wondering about internet access on the move really...
I've recently bought an ibook, I notice there is no infrared port on it though, How do you people browse the net on your laptop while you are on the move then? I assume this is possible as its one of the things thats so nice about laptops.
Yes it has an airport card but thats no good on the train or in the park as there is no network to join,
With my old pc laptop it used the infrared on my phone to allow me to surf the net, what is the ibook/mac equivalent of this? how do you surf the net while your travelling? My phone has a browser/email/ssh/telnet/vnc so i'm not totally stuck without this functionality but it certainly would be nice to have it.

thanks
m4cw4re

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You could either get a bluetooth phone and a blue tooth usb adapter for the iBook or look a for a usb cable for your phone to directly attach to the iBook.

OP
M

m4cw4re_syst3m

schweb said:
You could either get a bluetooth phone and a blue tooth usb adapter for the iBook or look a for a usb cable for your phone to directly attach to the iBook.

ahhhaaa excellent and thanks so much for your speedy response :)

- well i have a Handspring Treo180 which has PalmOS 3.5 on it, so it has a usb connection to my ibook and it does hotsync so thats all ready,
do you know if i would be able to use this to browse the net?
or where i would look to find out?

thanks a lot

i'm so lost in this new world of macintosh :/

m4cw4re

OP
M

m4cw4re_syst3m

Thanks a lot for the link :)

I've emailed the people who wrote PdaNet (treo software to link to pc as usb modem) and they do have plans to create a Mac port so hopefully before too long i will be able to use my existing phone :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.