How to take songs out of an old iPod

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my basement and found my old iPod from 2007. I remember having a lot of songs I've purchased and I would like to play them again. The problem is, it's been a long time and I forgot username and password. What's worse is that the email I used to register is now defunct. I would like to delete like 100 dumb songs from the iPod. I was wondering if there is anything I can do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are several very good apps (not free) that can transfer music, photos, and apps from an iPod to your Mac. If you're willing to spend some money, here they are:

iExplorer

iMazing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
expod is a good program as well I have used it many times with pre iOS devices, and its free.

C

chas_m

It should be noted (not to disagree with the above in any way) that the email address you used for what is now called an Apple ID does not have to remain valid eternally. It's just used as the ID name (and can be changed).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.