Mail markup feature not working

Reaction score
I'm having intermittent issues with the markup feature. Sometimes it works fine. However, half the time it's not usable at all. When I click 'markup' on the PDF attachment, the popup I get looks like what I've attached... with no toolbar. When this happens, which seems to happen with about 50% of PDF attachments, the mail freezes and I have to quit. I've tried restarting my computer which doest' seem to work. It seems to be an issue with the attachment itself which is why it works sometimes but not others. It's ALWAYS with a PDF, so wondering if it's something to do with the PDF itself or something I need to change in settings?

It's a pretty frustrating issue, as when I run into this issue, I have to print the document and mark it up by hand, and then rescan. Frustrating and time consuming.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 11.31.39 AM.png

Reaction score
Kinda sad you haven't found a solution for this.. I have the same problem ... guess no one knows what to do about it.. MAC certainly doesn't care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.