USB Charging Hub & Cables

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey guys I need some help. Doing some Christmas shopping & I've been searching the internet for a QUALITY USB charging hub and some charging cables (which work with iPhone & Galaxy phones…and iPad & Galaxy tablets).

Usually I'm frugal when it comes to purchasing things. But when it comes to Christmas gifts for the wife…I do like to get something of better quality…even if it costs a bit more.

We've been struggling with options for charging the MANY phones & tablets we have (both Apple & non-Apple products)…and getting REALLY tired of "cheesy & low quality" charging cables that either work for a short time then stop working…or sometimes work & sometimes not.

Could really use some help looking for a:

- quality USB charging station/organizer (prefer 5 ports or more)
- some quality charging cables for Apple (iPhone & iPad) and non-Apple (Galaxy phones & tablets).

Doesn't have to be the most expensive out there. Just something of quality.

Need to order something soon to make sure it arrives (shipping) in time for Christmas.

Thanks for any and all help,:)

- Nick

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to give some ideas of what I'm considering…here are some:

http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...ging-Station-Dock-White/10825989/product.html

Satechi-7-Port-USB-Charging-Station-Dock-White-e7576d61-58a8-4499-afff-040b80dd22c6_600.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ik...e=&network=g&gclid=CNPlrLHQyskCFY-PHwod3E8Fqg

iktn_antec_5-port_charging_station.jpg

http://www.cooldrives.com/index.php...hantcntr2014&gclid=CLWAmcnQyskCFQuPHwod_z0B8g

10portchargermain.jpg

- Nick

C

chas_m

We've had good experiences with equipment from Anker and Aukey, which you can generally find on Amazon at bargain prices.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We've had good experiences with equipment from Anker and Aukey, which you can generally find on Amazon at bargain prices.

Thanks for the recommendation.:)

I ended up pulling the trigger yesterday on the unit in photo #1 above. It had very good user reviews (almost all were 4-5 stars from a large number of reviewers). I also like the dividers the unit has so that the charging phones & tablets can "sit" on edge while charging (take up less space). And that it had both 1 amp and 2 amp charging ports.

We usually (almost daily) have 3 cellphones, 1-2 tablets, and 1-2 "smart-watches" to charge. So 5-7 charging ports was the way to go.

I also ended up ordering a whole bunch (about 11) of better quality charging cables (mini-usb and lightning cables) from monoprice.com.

Hopefully everything works out that "Santa" brings!;)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'll be curious to know what you think of that charging unit. I've been thinking of setting up something like that just to get things in one place while they are charging.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll try to remember to post some experiences (it may be a little while...it's a Christmas gift).:) Sssh…don't tell anyone!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.