Another problem :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Well I am have some problems with tha the internet on my Intel iMac G5 17".

Well my internet was woking great, and speedy. I have the standard DSL at 256K, but a few days ago my internet just slowed down, alot, crawling at the pace of dial-up. I had tried to install a few movie codecs (that didn't work), and i don't know what is going on. Yet it still downloads files at the rate it used to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean. It loads websites slowly but downloads files quickly?

Maybe you could try reseting Safari and empty it's cache, if thats what you use, or try Camino, a Firefox based Mac browser, to see if it is a browser issue. www.caminobrowser.org

OP
dimagex20
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Well, I resolved the problem. I talked to an apple assistant at their website. What I had to do was change my Network and then switch back again. Now i am using Camino. I meant to use it before, except I was just waiting for binary version. Thanks though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.