Boot Camp! Apple releases for Win XP!

H

Harryc

playm0de said:
ok so I went through the steps only to find out my cd key is invalid. My friend is coming over later tonight to redo the whole process with a valid copy of xp. My mac is still at the windows setup and I cant exit it. To get back to macOS and then install windows later, should I just turn off the computer?
Yeah, you can hold down the option key on boot and select your OSX volume. When you get the right CD, just start Boot Camp again and have at it.

P

pdobek

I just switched to Mac world, but there are a few Windows apps I still need to use for work. Now that I can install Windows on my Mac I can get rid of my hulking ugly Dell. However I have a few questions before I go ahead with this that I'm hoping someone can help me with:
- How easy is it to uninstall Windows once done?
- Can the partition size be changed after installation?
- Will my wireless keyboard work in Windows?

I have many more questions, but these are the burning ones I have right now. I would appreciate any help.

Paul

H

Harryc

It's very easy to uninstall. Bootcamp will revert your OSX volume to it's original state if you decide to take that option. Wireless keyboard is no problem as long as it has windows drivers, and even so it may not need them. I am using a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
So I take it that the wireless keyboard and mouse from mac won't work when using XP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Thought I posted that I installed Windows but I guess not. Anyways, I did it this afternoon. One question, boot camp says its a trial version...how long does it last?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
it lasts until 10.5 comes out or september 30, 2007, whichever comes first. apple hasn't said whether it stops working at that point or if it's just illegal to use it past that point. i hope it's the latter. i'll buy leopard, i just don't want to have to do it right away.

H

Harryc

Beemer said:
So I take it that the wireless keyboard and mouse from mac won't work when using XP?
Even after installling the Macintosh Drivers CD, the Apple Remote Control (IR), Apple Wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard or mouse, Apple USB Modem, MacBook Pro's sudden motion sensor, MacBook Pro's ambient light sensor, and built-in iSight camera will not function correctly when running Windows.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572#faq1

But there may be a workaround...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=434500&tstart=30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I played call of duty last night....so awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20" Intel Core Duo
earltash said:
What Idiot wants to run Windows if you have a Mac running tiger. Sounds real Dumbass to me.................

Are you a "special needs" child. :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo 20"
Thats the bluetooth mouse and keyboard working, anybody get the 'isight' camera working on the 20" Imac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.