Issue in linking instagram to Facebook

Reaction score
Hello,

When I tried to link my instagram to my facebook it wont link, When I tried to signin by using facebook info it wont directly open the facebook app instead it opens in a browser with the username ends @facebook.com, I tried to put my user name & login it didnt logged in, I have deleted both the app and reinstalled no go, I have removed the instagram privacy (IOS & Facebook settings) no go. Its been so long I'm dying to fix this, I tried to contact instagram there is no support, Please help in fixing the issue.

Regards,
Naresh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you trying to do this with your iPhone or iPad since you posted in this forum?

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem.

It stopped working about 3-4 days ago.. Initially thought it was just a glitch somewhere.

Ive reinstalled, restarted, unlinked, privacy etc.. Nothing works. On my wife's phone (also a 6s), it works perfectly. Instagram linking to facebook would switch to the FB APP instead of the browser, and it would link it automatically.

Help!

Reaction score
Naresh! I Fixed it!!!! Fix2 works!!!

Get on ur pc, log in to fb, search instagram, click send to mobile. on ur iphone, enter ur user/pass, and it will say confirm linking and ok.. done!

Please try the following fixes to resolve your issue:

Fix 1:

Remove Instagram by holding your finger on Instagram icon until it jiggles then tap the (X) to remove and touch delete when prompted.
Reinstall Instagram (How to find / re-download your deleted App Store purchases)
Launch Instagram
Tap “Register”
Tap “Use Your Facebook Info”. This will launch Facebook. Then allow Facebook to use instagram.
Then go back and sign in with your Instagram username.
Fix 2:

Search for Instagram by typing “Instagram” into search
Click the Instagram App
You should see a blue option “Send to Mobile” and click “Send to Mobile”
On your iPhone or iPad, you should now get a notification and now Instagram should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N
Reaction score
azriaziz!! Thanks Indeed, for you help well I tried both the ways its not fixed. When I try to login using facebook it opens facebook page in browser, When I type in password facebook wont login, the fix2 also does the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.