CD Inlet creator software

Reaction score
Hello...
Curious if anyone knows of good software for use on an Imac when creating cd inlet / inserts, cd labels and the inserts for the backside of the plastic cd case. When I had a PC I used Microsoft Publisher and this worked fine for my needs. A friend of mine suggested QuarkXpress but it's a bit pricey. I already have Pages and a Publisher program on my Imac but neither have the capability to create the inserts and backside insert for the cd case. Any advice or information passed along would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

On an iMac and any computer with slot loading DVD-CD optical driver never use printed labels. The become a lillte loose, sticky and guess what happens.

For labels there is a program included with Roxio's Toast Titanium. I am sure Googling will bring any number of hits for freeware.

Reaction score
The Print Shop 3 will do it, among other things. I think Avery's Design Pro will do it, if you can find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello...
Curious if anyone knows of good software for use on an Imac when creating cd inlet / inserts, cd labels and the inserts for the backside of the plastic cd case. When I had a PC I used Microsoft Publisher and this worked fine for my needs. A friend of mine suggested QuarkXpress but it's a bit pricey. I already have Pages and a Publisher program on my Imac but neither have the capability to create the inserts and backside insert for the cd case. Any advice or information passed along would be greatly appreciated.

Hello - you've already received several excellent responses, but Harry's warning about a 'paper label' on a slot-loader should be a consideration - for myself, I used paper labels for years but a pain when the label separated from the disc - I don't do much CD-R production these days, but my choice is to use my Canon InkJet printer's feature to print directly to a 'printable' disc - looks great and eliminates gluing a piece of round paper to a disc - I just use the 'poor' software that came w/ the machine (called 'Image Garden', I believe) - if I did a lot more, I would still go w/ the direct print to disc but would purchase better software. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'd suggest that QuarkXpress would be a complete overkill and you may even have various options on your Mac, as the option was often included with other applications. Like the old Toast versions and many graphics apps etc.

All you basically need is a graphics app and a template and printer, but as already warmed, only use good quality Avery or Stomper CD/DVD labels if you don't have a CD capable printer.

Discus used to be one of the Main recommended Mac apps, and you can find it here along with some suggestions for other apps:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/7097/discus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.