• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MS Word Bulleting problem...PLZ Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.
Hey everyone. Lately I've been having a problem with my word for mac and its driving me insane. The problem is that I cannot seem to use my bullets as I used to before. In word, when im taking notes, I used to press shift 8 and the asterisk key would appear and after writing a sentence and pressing enter it would turn into a bullet. Furthermore, when I press enter a new bullet shows up and if I press TAB then the bullet would change into another bullet and become further indented. This had stopped happening all of a sudden and its extremely difficult for me to takes notes in class. Could anyone please help me out and help me fix the settings that might have changed.
eg. * i type here and when i press enter this line is bulleted.
* automatically this line should become a bullet and if i press tab it should become another form of bullet and if i keep pressing tab it would turn inti
-
i.
a.
This isn't happening anymore and all I get is a bullet on the same line such as this.
-
-
-
-
Can anyone please help me out.
Thankyou.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
go to the Tools menu 'AutoCorrect', 'AutoFormat As You Type' and make sure the 'Automatic Bulleted Lists' option is checked.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.
Still not working

michaelstumpf said:
go to the Tools menu 'AutoCorrect', 'AutoFormat As You Type' and make sure the 'Automatic Bulleted Lists' option is checked.

I went and checked in the tools menu...the automated bulleted lists is checked but im still having the same problem. Any other possible ways?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Select Format > Bullets and Numbering... and make sure an appropriate style (and not "None") is selected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.