how to clean hand oils from keyboard? it's SHINY and ugly!!

Y

yuwing

i'm using mr clean magic eraser for my wrist area. It works like a charm. but i can't deal with the shiny bright light reflected on oily keys!

it's exceptionally bothersome when less used keys are spotless and non reflective =_=

what kind of detergent can deal with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I just wipe my ibook with a cloth from time to time... it works fine, even on the keyboard. If this doesnt work for you, id use some rubbing alcochol or something similar..

OP
D

dmetzcher

yuwing said:
i'm using mr clean magic eraser for my wrist area. It works like a charm. but i can't deal with the shiny bright light reflected on oily keys!

it's exceptionally bothersome when less used keys are spotless and non reflective =_=

what kind of detergent can deal with that?
The shiny keys are not covered in oils from your skin. They are actually worn down, I believe, because my iBook looks the same. The texture of the keys wears down after a certain period of use. This is why you are seeing the keys that you use most-often looking this way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.