• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question About Selling Stock Photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
I'm interested in uploading some photos to sell on stock image sites like Bigstock, Getty, and Image Shack. I've heard that you should submit photos to more than one website to insure they'll be noticed by the widest audience, and in case your photos are rejected by your first choice of website. My question is if I submit a photo to one website and it's accepted, are there any special legal considerations I should be aware of if I want to submit that same photo to other stock image sites?

I ask because I've seen some photos available on more than one stock image site and this is something I've never done before. My goal is to amass a sizable online photo library over time in the hopes of making a modest profit. If anyone can offer suggestions or helpful info in this area, it's greatly appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post has nothing to do with graphic design and is actually about sales. We moved it here to our off topic forum.

C

chas_m

I might suggest you look at a site called 500px.com, which is an excellent showcase for professional photographers and has a built-in feature that helps sell your work to stock agencies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.