Webcamming between PC and Mac

I

ILoveAlliO

I've been trying to find the best solution to be able to communicate through webcam from my MacBook Pro to my best friend's PC. The only options we have are AIM (which works with iChat) and Yahoo Messenger.

Neither programs work consistently. Are there any suggestions? Will iChat become available on the PC? I heard about this somewhere... just dont know if it'll really happen.

Any form of input would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
aMsn will work - so your friend has normal 7.0 msn for windows and u download amsn (google it) and that will solve all your problems!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
WizzKid said:
aMsn will work - so your friend has normal 7.0 msn for windows and u download amsn (google it) and that will solve all your problems!!!

Hello,

I tried that just yesterday, but didn't work. Kept telling me that video is not supported. Even audio did not work. There should be a way to solve this!!

Reaction score
well in my expiernce in this... the latest aim triton.. is worthles.. and it wont even bring up the video picture from the webcam on PC... the previous version of aim however.. did work and all though that version is a peace of crap when it comes to the video quality and pciture size.. its better than no video at all

as for yahoo and msn... to my understanding they do not communicate with aim, nor each other... soo when it comes to using strictly ichat.. to talk to a pc... its all about the older version of AIM that is still available

besides all this there are still always random foul-ups and glitches

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.