Missing Drivers after using Windows support software from Apple

Reaction score
Needless to say everything is working accept I'm missing my Multimedia Controller, Network Controller, PCI Simple Communication Controller & Sm Bus Controller.

I am running a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15inch, Late 2013)
OSX ELCapitan

Im not new to tech, but I followed all the directions that boot camp offered and I'm just missing those driver. I have Digital copy of Win 7 Ultimate and I am positive the copy isn't bad. Im kinda frustrated since I dunno what to do after several hrs searching this subject and it leads back to apple providing the Windows support software. Yet that doesn't provide me with the missing drivers. Any help will be very help full.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried opening the Boot Camp control panel app and check to see if there were updates to Boot Camp? If you downloaded the correct Windows support software from Apple during the Boot Camp Assistant process, it should have included all the Windows 7 drivers that are required for your MacBook Pro. Other than those missing drivers, is everything else working OK?

OP
D
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know I had to manually check if it had updates. I had just recently updated to El capitan, so I thought it had already updated everything. And yes everything else seems to be running fine when I boot into win 7. I am currently at work so when I go home I'll check to see if it boot camp is up to date.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok after 30 mins of randomly trying to find drivers, I realized the I had to install bootcamp in my windows 7 OS. Witch the directions made it it seem like it would auto install like everything else. Only till then after I installed the boot camp into Windows 7 did it install all my driver.

Thanks again for your help chscag !

Reaction score
By installing boot camp, do you mean to say that you installed the boot camp support software that you downloaded from the Apple site? I would like to know that for myself.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes After I followed all the directions they gave. I still had to manually install the bootcamp into my Win 7 Os and manually install all my missing driver's form that folder. Kinda defeats the purpose of it doing it on its own and having you thinks its going to install it on its own, but I digress.

Reaction score
Yes After I followed all the directions they gave. I still had to manually install the bootcamp into my Win 7 Os and manually install all my missing driver's form that folder. Kinda defeats the purpose of it doing it on its own and having you thinks its going to install it on its own, but I digress.

Sorry for asking again almost the same question, but just want to make sure again :)) ), by manually installing the bootcamp in your windows 7, you mean to say that you simply executed setup.exe or whatever executable it was under the bootcamp folder (found in a .zip if you downloaded it manually), right?
In my mind, there's a big difference between installing the bootcamp itself, which tells your computer through UEFI what operating system to boot and so on, and simply installing the windows drivers that come with the latest boot camp support software, if you know what I mean :)

So when you say that you installed bootcamp, to me it's like saying you installed the bootloader all over again (like Grub or whatever), like you did the first time you installed Windows on your computer. But I might be mistaken, so that's why I wanted to be certain :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.