iChat Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB
I'm fairly new to mac. So I get a little nervous to try things because I think I might mess something up.
My question is, I deleted iChat from my iBook because I was trying to do something.
Now, I can't quite figure out how to reinstall it. What I did was I tried to put in the installation cds that came with the computer and reinstall it that way, but it seems more complicated (to me) then it should be.
I read in the read me:
"Note: To install iCal, iChat AV, iSync, iTunes, and Safari, follow the "Installing Mac OS X and Applications" instructions above."
I tried that and it seems like it won't let me reinstall iChat without reinstalling the OS. Which I don't want to do, I just want to reinstall iChat.
There is probably a simple solution, but I'm just that new to mac and I don't know it
Again, sorry if this is somewhere on the forum, I searched but I couldn't find anything specific enough.
Thanks.

K

Kettle

I'm pretty sure your going to have to reinstall the OS. Those are the default programs on OSX. Sorry

OP
bloom
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB
Kettle said:
I'm pretty sure your going to have to reinstall the OS. Those are the default programs on OSX. Sorry

thank you.
i think i'll just settle for Adium though, i'm really satisfied with it.
bye bye iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
You could try downloading Pacifist from MacUpdate or VersionTracker, if you drag and drop the OSX install disk onto the Pacafist window which will allow you to reinstall iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
try searching for ichat with spotlight because you may have just deleted the shortcut

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.