what program should i use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 12-inch G4 1.55ghz 80g 512mb superdrive
i am designing a website for my business, which will have several pages and links on it. i was wondering what program can aid me in this. i heard iLife is capable in helping me. by im also limited in html skills. soo yea..

anyways

thanks
w...b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you have iLife 06, you have the ideal tool included!

iWeb is a simple web design application - perfect if you don't want to muck around with html code etc.

If you're looking for something slightly more expandable, I'd also check out RapidWeaver. It's similar to iWeb in some ways, but is slightly more customizable.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would i need a .mac account to use this though. i dont really feel like dishing out the money for one.
also im looking to have my own domain name.. nothing with www.mac.blahblah.com in it.
also from what i see every iweb webpage has a certain type of outlook. dealing with my site, my photos, my video, podcast etc. does this have to happen with iweb.

thanks for the help

w...b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
you wont need a .mac account to use it.

if you need you own domain names, there are so many registrars out there.

I personally use enom.com ($8.95 per year per domain). I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, but not by much.

for development, i use dreamweaver (not free), but for you, it seems like low scale web development...so dreamweaver might seem like overkill.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well im looking to make this website pretty professional, and also i would eventually like to get some ads on there.

also, is getting ads on your site the only way to make money off of it?

S

steveedge

You may also want to consider a CMS (Content management system) although some of them can be initially confusing, you can get by with little or no coding.

Reaction score
Why not give Rapidweaver a try???? It's really easy to use, looks great, there are a ton of free templates out there made by users, and it comes with quite a few templates as well. It's also very inexpensive. Right now they're at version 3.2, but will be updating to version 3.5. For anyone who bought 3.2, 3.5 will be a free upgrade.

And their forums are loaded with tips, help, and the forum community always helps out.

RealMac Software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.