Newbie question

D

ditalush

Hi all, great site! I've been a windows PC user for nearly 10 years and believe it or not I'm a web designer! I'm eager to make the switch to a mac just for the great reviews and I fancy a change anyway!

I'm aware of the new Intel chip etc but am confused about what machine to buy. I'm willing to shell out the dosh for the dual core powermac + monitor but would the imac be sufficient enough? I mainly used Adobe, Dreamweaver and am partial to a bot of video editing now and then. Not to mention my library of 5000+ songs!

Really excited about making the big leap but I need to make sure I can run Dreamweaver 8 & Photoshop with ease. Should I wait untl the powermac changes to intel or go for the imac, if that's ample enough?

I'd love to hear any opionions and look forward to joining this great site! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Well i use imac G5 - Not intel, but i love it - amazing, i do webdesign i have a couple of 1000 songs on my itunes - I do a bit of webdesign but not major and i do alot of film editing and making - I think its perfect for the price - mind you im only 15 so i dont use the webdesign much only for basic html stuff and i use iweb!!!

Hope that helps

WizzKid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.